Appointments & Prescriptions
Llay Health Centre is open from Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 6.00pm. Our branch surgeries have varying open hours; please see the contact us page for details.
We offer appointments both for on-the-day bookings and in advance. We can also arrange telephone and video-link consultations upon request, but these may require a subsequent visit to the surgery if the clinician thinks they need to review you in person. Our standard appointment time with a GP is 10 minutes long, which is sufficient to discuss one problem only. If you wish to discuss more than one problem, please ring the Patient Line to request a double appointment. Nurse appointments vary in length according to the reason for the appointment.
To book an on-the-day appointment, you can:
- Ring our Patient Appointments Line on 03333 323 260. All of our calls are answered centrally in Llay Health Centre, but you can request an appointment in any of the surgeries, subject to availability
The telephone lines open for on-the-day bookings at 8am each day and are allocated quickly.
If our lines are busy, the telephone system will ask you to hang up; your place in the queue will be saved and it will automatically ring you back when you near the front of the queue.
To book an advance appointment, you can:
- Ring the Patient Appointments Line on 03333 323 260 after 11am. Our Reception Team will be able to organise an appointment up to 6 weeks in advance
- Use the My Health Online booking system to book your own appointment with any of our clinicians. To register, please download the registration form and then return it to one of our surgeries
If you need to see a doctor in an emergency, telephone our Patient Line on 03333 323 260 and a receptionist will triage your call. This will require you to give some details to our trained reception team.
If you are experiencing severe chest pain, collapse, severe breathing difficulties, have one-sided weakness or slurred speech or severe bleeding, please ring 999 immediately.
You can do the following:
- Use our eConsult service to tell us about your symptoms
- Visit the NHS Choices website for more information on your conditions
- Ring NHS Direct, a 24-hour nurse-led information line, on 0845 46 47
Out of hours appointments
Our telephone lines close at 6.30pm. Outside of our opening hours, the GP Out of Hours Service (commissioned by Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board) is in operation. They can be contacted on 0300 123 5566
If you are house-bound and cannot reach the surgery through other means, you can request a home visit by one of our GPs by telephoning the Patient Line before midday.
Please remember that several people can be seen in the surgery in the time that it takes to make a home visit, so we ask patients to request one only if they are genuinely unable to attend in person. We can arrange a telephone or video consultation with a doctor upon request.
A doctor will ring you to discuss your problem before attending, and we may arrange for our Urgent Care Practitioner to visit you.
We can send prescriptions directly to a nominated pharmacy. Please speak to one of our Reception staff to advise us of your choice.
We currently regularly send prescriptions to:
- Llay Pharmacy, Vittoria Healthcare Ltd
- Gresford Pharmacy, Vittoria Healthcare Ltd
- Rossett Pharmacy, Chester Road, Rossett
To order a repeat prescription, you can:
- Send us a repeat slip, or a list of medications you require, by post
- Request in person by visiting one of our surgeries. Requests can also be put through the letterboxes when we are closed
- Register for My Health Online and order your repeats using the online service
Prescription requests ordinarily take 48 hours to be processed and sent to your nominated pharmacy.
Please note that to avoid errors in medications, we do not take prescription requests over the telephone.
If you live remotely from a community pharmacy, you may be eligible to register as a dispensing patient with us, which means that our Dispensary in our Rossett branch surgery can dispense medications directly to you. If you would like to be considered for this service, please contact us
You can do the following:
- Use the eConsult service to send us your request. We can process most administrative requests and requests for fit notes etc. using this system and recommend it as a first port-of-call
- Email email@example.com. Please note this is for routine enquiries only and this email will be read by a member of the Reception team. Please do not use it for any urgent matters
- Phone our Patient Line on 03333 323 260 after 11am only